Monday, June 11, 2012

Cherrypicking

On the bus today, there was a guy sitting on the other side of the aisle, a bit further up from me (close to the front of the bus), who spent about half the ride reading his Bible. At some point, he put it up.

We made a stop, and an elderly lady with two large bags got onto the crowded bus. The guy watched her struggle to get on, struggle into the aisle, struggle to remain upright when the bus lurched forward . . . and then watched me get up and say, "Ma'am, here, take my seat." And watched her make her way past him, to sit down in my proffered seat.

Don't know what this guy believes, but I worry that he's spending too much time worrying about Leviticus 18:22, and simply doesn't have time to scan down to Leviticus 19:32: "Rise in the presence of the aged, show respect for the elderly and revere your God. I am the LORD."

No comments:

Post a Comment